After previously revealing the One Life Match mode, Capcom detailed an additional game mode titled Multi-Mission. This one supports up to 6 players in 3 vs 3 matches. The first team to win 3 out of 5 rounds is the winner. Similar to the previously announced mode, each round has a 3-minute time limit. The developer/publisher also released the first glimpse of gameplay with the new trailer above.
Those lucky to attend the PC Gamer Weekender in London this coming weekend (March 5th-6th) will be able to get their hands on the game.
As the name implies, Multi-Mission mode consists of rounds that cycle through 8 different set of rules randomly providing different gameplay experiences in a seamless way. With the random ruleset selection, all teams must stay on their toes to adapt their tactics each round in order to come out on top.
Here’s an overview of the possible rules:
- Target Hunter: One target will be chosen per team and only killing that target will count towards the score. Players can choose whether to focus on protecting their own target or aggressively attacking the enemy target.
- Respawn Match: Team deathmatch featuring respawns. Take advantage of the on-screen sound radar map to locate the enemiesâ€™ random respawn points.
- Domination: Secure the specified data transmission point located within the stage for a longer time than the enemy team in order to win.
- DNA Hunter: Kill zombies and collect their DNA samples. Destroying the opposing teamâ€™s Zombie Jammers is a key strategy in this mode.
- SP DNA Hunter: Kill the special mutated zombies and collect their DNA samples. They are particularly tough and immune to the effects of the Zombie Jammer. It’ll take teamwork to bring these creatures down.
- Collector: Teams battle it out to see who will be first to collect all 5 briefcases in the stage.
- Protector: Find the briefcase and hold it for as long as possible, while fending off the opposition. The player who has it will become a moving target, so teams must work together effectively.
- Collar War: Collect the battle data “collars” of downed enemy players, and pick up allies’ collars to prevent the enemy team from getting points.
Umbrella Corps will be available digitally for an MSRP of $29.99 / â‚¬29.99 / Â£24.99 for PC and PS4 sometime this May.