Square Enix revealed Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age, a remaster of 2006’s PS2 game, is set for a release next year. The enhanced game will feature Zodiac Job System, a 12-job character progression system first introduced in the FFXII International Zodiac Job System version.
Here are some of the new features expected in the remastered version of FFXII:
- Latest-generation high-definition graphical capabilities, including characters and movie scenes fully remastered in high-definition,
- True 7.1 surround sound, including high-definition voicing and newly recorded background music utilizing the current generation of sound production,
- Option to switch between the original and the newly remastered soundtrack,
- New trial mode where players can take on monsters and enemies in up to 100 successive battles,
- Trophy support and share functionalities, auto-save and shortened loading times,
- An endless amount of gameplay and adventure including hunts, battles, and mini-games.
Those lucky to attend next week’s E3 will be able to try out the game for the first time.
Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age is currently set to release for PS4 sometime in 2017.