Paradox Interactive and Paradox Development Studio have detailed the new expansion for Europa Universalis IV.
Thomas Paine wrote that laws get their force from the consent of those who agree to live under them. It is in this spirit of that Paradox Development Studio continues expand and improve Europa Universalis IV.
This Rights of Man introduces a number of small changes that add up to a deeper and more dynamic experience. Near the top of this list is the Great Power mechanic, where the most developed nations have access to new diplomatic options to bully or entice weaker neighbors. Keep that development going, or lose the powers you paid a high price for.
Rights of Man also adds a little more character to your monarchs, as they acquire traits that will give bonuses (or penalties) to your country, and affect how rival nations approach you.
Other features included in the upcoming expansion:
- New goals for Coptic and Fetishist religions
- Greater control over adopting new cultures in your empire
- Leader Traits giving battle hardened commanders added prowess
- More detailed military instructions for Subject Nations
- Revolutionary Republics now have Factions to balance
- Ottoman Empire gets new Harem Politics events and options
The Rights of Man expansion will release along a free major update for all Europa Universalis IV players.