Paradox Development Studio has released a new expansion for Crusader Kings 2, their best-selling medieval grand strategy-roleplaying game.
Dubbed The Reaper’s Due, the newest add-on introduces a bevvy of new systems and features:
- The Black Death: New additions to epidemic system include this destructive disease and a new map mode that track the expansion of deadly illnesses.
- Court Physicians: This new position for learned courtiers opens up a series of events tied to the diagnosis and treatment of diseases with medieval tech.
- Hospitals: Slow down the spread of epidemics by investing in these outposts that care for the sick and infirm.
- Prosperity and Depopulation: Watch your provinces thrive under your careful attention and degrade under the pressures of diseases run amok.
- Seclusion: Hide yourself away with your court as plagues ravage the countryside.
- New physical traits, new events chain and a host of smaller changes.
The Reaper’s Due will be accompanied by a major free update for everyone who owns the core game.