In a new Nintendo Direct video presentation, Nintendo threw a rustic party for Animal Crossing: New Leaf â€“ Welcome amiibo. The update, now available to download, will also be included in a packaged version exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems available at retail on 25 November. This update to the classic Animal Crossing: New Leaf game adds the new RV campground area, which opens up a whole neighbourhood of fun new possibilities for all players. And those who own Animal Crossing amiibo figures or amiibo cards can have even more fun in their town.
All kinds of things are possible with amiibo! Depending on which one of the 16 Animal Crossing amiibo figures or the hundreds of Animal Crossing amiibo cards is scanned, players can invite visitors to the new RV campground area, get new items, take photos with their animal friends using the amiibo Camera function, and some might even move in to town! For full details on what particular amiibo cards and figures do in-game, check out the amiibo section of the Animal Crossing: New Leaf â€“ Welcome amiibo website.
While many of the new features introduced in the Animal Crossing: New Leaf â€“ Welcome amiibo update use amiibo, there are some that donâ€™t require amiibo at all. This makes the update perfect for all players, regardless of how many cool amiibo they own. Hereâ€™s a list of the new features discussed during the Nintendo Direct:
Work with amiibo!
- Wispâ€™s Wishes: By finding the magic lamp in the main game, players will unlock amiibo functionality. Once acquired, the lamp can be used once a day to summon the ghostly Wisp. Simply tap an amiibo and invite that respective amiibo character to your town, or receive a daily item. Want to live in a town full of ducks? Or cows? By using specific amiibo, that wish can come true!
- New amiibo Cards: Players can pick up 50 new Animal Crossing amiibo cards that launch on 11 November, and on 25 November the Sanrio Collaboration Pack will also be available. All these cards not only include cool new villagers, but also their RVs as well! And speaking of those RVsâ€¦
- New RV campground: After updating the game, players will notice a new area in their town. This new campground offers different interactions with special villagers and new shopping opportunities, as well as Harvey, a hilarious new character that will assist with all campground needs. By tapping a certain amiibo figure or card, that character will show up in their stylish custom RV. This even applies to some non-Animal Crossing amiibo like the Inklings from Splatoon and Wolf Link!
- More to Play!: By finding a Wii U item or New Nintendo 3DS XL / New Nintendo 3DS item in an RV at the campground, players can unlock two new games and purchase them with MEOW Coupons. The Wii U console unlocks the Desert Island Escape game, while Animal Crossing Puzzle League can be accessed with the New Nintendo 3DS XL / New Nintendo 3DS item. The Wii U and New Nintendo 3DS items can be obtained via fortune cookies at the Nooklingsâ€™ shop, but itâ€™s be much easier to obtain these items by scanning any of the 16 Animal Crossing amiibo figures. Certain Animal Crossing amiibo figures and cards can also be used while playing these new games.
No amiibo needed!
- MEOW Coupons: By earning new MEOW (Mutual Exchange of Wealth) coupons players can get unique in-game items at the RV campground or from visiting animal friends. To earn these coupons, players must complete new Town Initiatives, like pulling a set amount of weeds or gathering certain seashells.
- Say Cheese!: With the new amiibo Camera mode, you can take the coolest in-game selfies ever. By gathering your favourite villagers, you can snap a photo and save it to view whenever you like. You can even share with friends using the 3DS Image Share tool. No amiibo are needed for this mode, but by tapping an amiibo card you can take photos of any animal friends who donâ€™t live in your town!
- What Do you Do With a New Storeroom?: Store things, of course! In Animal Crossing: New Leaf â€“ Welcome amiibo, players can purchase a new secret storeroom for their house at Nookâ€™s Homes. The secret storeroom can be accessed from anywhere in the house and stores tons of collectibles. Maybe it can even be used to hide a dusty old treasure map in there. Isnâ€™t that where all dusty old treasure maps are stored?
- Decorating Is Easier Than Ever!: Animal Crossing: New Leaf â€“ Welcome amiibo lets players customise their homes by moving around their furniture and items using the touch screen. Making setting up a perfectly styled room easier than ever.
Happy Home, Happy Transfer: Players with Animal Crossing: Happy Home DesignerÂ save data on their Nintendo 3DS system, can transfer it to purchase giant furniture in Animal Crossing: New Leaf â€“ Welcome amiibo. This new furniture is huge and will definitely make an impression in any home!