Each week we’ll give you the low-down on the games that have been keeping the GGS Gamer staff busy on their consoles, PCs and handhelds.
Here’s what we’ve been playing this week …
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch) â€“ Holy shit! This game is goddamn gorgeous even though it outputs at 720p this game is just… just wow! The art style is amazing, I love the MMO styled battle system and I love the characters so much! Plus, I got the collectorâ€™s edition just for that art book and as an artist it made me drool especially my boy, Tetsuya Nomura! Seriously, if you love depth in your JRPG and you have a Switch, go get this game right now!
- Resident Evil VII: Biohazard DLC (PS4) â€“ I left my input until last minute so I could include these two DLC packs, Not A Hero and The End of Zoe. They pretty damn cool especially The End of Zoe as you play as Joe Baker as he literally beats his way through the infected! Every punch is so brutal plus reading the documents with a southern accent with friends is just hilarious.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild DLC (Switch) â€“ Spoiler alert, Breath of the Wild is my Game of the Year! The Championâ€™s Ballad DLC pack was revealed at the Game Awards but I still havenâ€™t managed to complete it because I start running around Hyrule aimlessly because the world is goddamn gorgeous! Note: Iâ€™ve said goddamn so much because Iâ€™ve written this moments after playing End of Zoe, I apologise!
- Crash Bandicoot N’Sane Trilogy (PS4) â€“ Still stuck in the 10th circle of Hell.
- Bloodborne (PS4) – I’ve been meaning to play this for ages and finally got hold of a copy. Not very far into it yet, so I’ll reserve judgement for now.
- Resident Evil 5 (PS4) – I bloody love this game! I mean, it’s shit in so many ways but if you play co-op, it’s amazing. I actually like it so much, I own three copies for three different consoles. Must be the lure of Chris Redfield’s biceps…
- Heroes of the Storm (PC) – Still playing. Still also trying to persuade John to play it!
- Monster Hunter: World Beta (PS4) – Eagerly anticipating this game, so was pumped to play the Beta. Have played through the single player missions far too many times, but the highlight was having a go at multiplayer with the GGS crew, this is where monster hunter truly shines. I wish this franchise could be made into an MMO.
- Call of Duty WW2 (XB1X) – Getting distracted from the campaign, by some fast-paced and frantic multiplayer action. The levels are a little too small for my liking, but thatâ€™s what really distinguishes it from its competition. Slowing levelling up my rank and unlocking more weapons and perks, with in turn is helping my performance.
- Assassins Creed (XB1X) – Revisiting this old Xbox 360 game now that Iâ€™ve upgraded to an Xbox One X, trying out the new enhancements to the fidelity and experience those minimal load times.
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (XB1X) – My second favourite game title from the Elder Scrolls franchise behind Morrowind, Oblivion has a great story, and thanks to the recent enhanced graphics update, still looks amazing after 10-12 years. So, spending some of my evenings strolling around Tamriel on my One X. God I love this game.
How about you?
Let us know by leaving a comment below, on Twitter, or on Facebook!