Each week we’ll give you the low-down on the games that have been keeping the GGS Gamer staff busy on their consoles, PCs and handhelds.
Here’s what we’ve been playing this week …
- PlayerUnknown’s Backgrounds (XB1) – Playing with my brother when he was drunk was outrageously good fun.
- Destiny 2 (PS4) – Yes. Really.
- The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (XBX) – Surprised myself with how little I remember from playing it a few years ago. It doesn’t half look pretty, though.
- Monster Hunter World (PS4) – It’s just too complicated, fam. ;___;
- Thief (PS4) – I’ve had Thief on my ‘to-play’ list for a few years now, I was a huge fan of the Dishonored series so Thief’s dense semi-open world stealth seemed like the perfect fit for me. Sufficed to say it took me a while to actually play it.
It’s a great game from what I’ve played of it so far – which isn’t much. Though, coming to Thief after Dishonored has left me saying ‘but why can’t I just…’ quite a few times. Overall though there’s a lot that Thief has to offer, with a range of routes and tools for you to use as you explore the city, it’s definitely a must-play for stealth lovers – and kleptomaniacs.
- Assassin’s Creed: Origins (PS4) – Right, I’m on what I assume is the final level, habing to escort Caesar to safety – and right after an bloody elephant begins chasing me, with Bayek saying ‘I’ve got an idea!’ the elephant just kills me. To be fair, this is the only bug I’ve encountered in the game – and I’m sure it’s a bug because there’s literally no time for me to do anything before being murdered by Dumbo’s mother.
I’m sure I’ll get around to finishing it one day – I just don’t know when.
- Monster Hunter World (PS4) – My first Monster Hunter since Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on the Wii U and I have to say that I’m thoroughly impressed no more loading screens as you chase the monsters are the various locales. I decided to go with the Insect Glaive as my weapon which is a bunch of fun! Doing all sorts of flips and dives is really cool!
- Dissidia Final Fantasy NT (PS4) – Me and my girl, Y’Shtola are tearing up the competitive scene! Although, Square/Koei Tecmo/Team Ninja need to sort out those servers…
- The Longest Five Minutes (Switch) – Addictive little 8-bit inspired RPG. Read my review!
- Rogue Trooper Redux (PS4) – Slowly devouring this one. Still as fun as remember during the PS2 era.
- Friday the 13th (PS4/XB1) – The game that keeps on giving! Them new kills with Roy (a.k.a. Jason) from Part V are B-R-U-T-A-L!
- Monster Hunter: World (XB1) – I have been playing Monster Hunter solidly since launch, and now that the Xbox online sessions issue seems to be resolved, I can now team up with my fellow hunters and take on the beasts with some help. This game is so hard to put down, the challenge of facing off with these enormous monsters is so thrilling, that I keep going back for more. I’m sure this is going to be on my playlist for some time. Already have over 100 hours logged on my main character.
- World of Warcraft (PC) – So even though I’m taking a bit of a break from WoW at the moment, I caved and pre-purchased the new expansion, Battle for Azeroth. Of course, I then had to go unlock the Allied races – it would’ve been rude not to – which also netted me a couple of new mounts. For the Horde!