It’s the second anniversary of the release of The Division, and Ubisoft today confirmed that they are working on a sequel to the highly-acclaimed title. Massive Entertainment will be at the helm of the game, driving it forward with all of the lessons they have learned since the game’s initial launch.
While there isn’t a lot of information available about the sequel, Ubisoft has confirmed that they will be sharing more details at E3 in June 2018.
“On behalf of all the teams at Ubisoft, we thank you for the support you’ve given us over the past two years, and we hope that our continued work will earn that support for many years to come,” said Julian Gerighty, Creative Director at Massive Entertainment. “We can’t wait to show you what we have in store for The Division 2 at E3 2018 in June.”
In the meantime, Massive Entertainment will continue to work on The Division and release new patches and content for the game. The current confirmed release schedule for The Division is as follows:
- April – Update 1.8.1 and two new Legendary modes alongside a new Global Event: Blackout.
- May – New Global Event: Onslaught.
- June – Update 1.8.2, and the start of the Shields monthly feature, in which achievements earned playing The Division will grant special rewards in The Division 2.
- July – Global Event: Assault, with the continuation of Shields.
- August – Global Event: Strike, with the continuation of Shields.
- September – Global Event: Ambush, with the continuation of Shields.