Each week we’ll give you the low-down on the games that have been keeping the GGS Gamer staff busy on their consoles, PCs and handhelds.
Here’s what we’ve been playing this week …
- Far Cry 5 (PS4) â€“ My life has been consumed by Hope County whilst I power through for a deadline. Loving the exploration and the world-building; less keen on the pretty cookie-cutter storyline and occasionally frustrating mechanics. It’s easily the most beautiful game I’ve been on a console yet, though.
- Dark Souls 3 (PS4) â€“ The fire fades and it was my duty to return to Lothric to aid my fellow ashen one through the darkness in jolly co-operation as we slayed any beast that stood in our path. The Super Sun Bros. saved the kingdom from great peril and returned power to the First Flame… Or something like that anyway, I just had fun killing beasts and the various monstrosities that lurked around every corner.
- Yakuza Kiwami (PS4) â€“ I went back to Yakuza after the announcement of the second Kiwami over the weekend. I forgot how much I fell in love with this game when I reviewed it the middle of last year.
- Dissidia Final Fantasy NT (PS4) â€“ Iâ€™m not playing it, I just wanted to inform you all that I finally got the platinum trophy! Yatta!
- South Park: Stick of Truth (PS4) – Because Fractured But Whole is garbage and plaything SoT via Remote Play before bedtime is pure bliss.
- Far Cry 5 (XB1) – Having the privilege to review this one. Ohhh this is something!
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes (XB360) – Gotta tackle that backlog somehow!
- Divinity Original Sin 2 (PC) – After dying to the final boss no less than a dozen times this weekend, I finally beat this game (and then immediately started another playthrough.)
- The Witcher 3 (PC) – I’ve had this sitting on my computer for years and never actually played it, but I decided to change that this week. I’m not very far yet, and I’m kind of struggling with the combat, but the lore is really cool so I’m looking forward to the rest of the game.
- Bloodborne (PS4) â€“Okay, I still haven’t managed to beat the first boss. I did unlock the shortcut though, so now my route is a little easier. I’ve been working on trying to level my hunter up a tad, in the hopes that it’ll make the baby Cthulu monster a bit easier (deep down, I know it won’t.)
- Far Cry 4 (PS4) â€“ I didn’t manage to finish the game before Far Cry 5’s release yesterday, but I’m going to keep going on with it where I can. I just blew up a heroine factory which felt pretty good.
- World of Warcraft: (PC) – It’s school Easter holidays, so when not trying to keep the offspring amused, I’m taking trips to Azeroth to visit my neglected toons.
- Call of Duty WW2: (XB1) – Played a few rounds of Domination to satisfy my urge to kill things.
- World of Warcraft (PC) – I’m currently working on gearing up my warrior, paladin and monk while eyeing up my warlock, who’s currently sat at level 100. Trying to make decisions on what to main in Battle for Azeroth, though I realise it’s a few months away yet.
- Bloodborne (PS4) – NG+ goodness!