Each week we’ll give you the low-down on the games that have been keeping the GGS Gamer staff busy on their consoles, PCs and handhelds.
Here’s what we’ve been playing this week …
- Far Cry 5 (XB1) – This game is like crack. I…can’t…stop…
- The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 (PS4) – I’ve been playing this for review which should be live on the site and I can tell you that it definitely has that Nippon Ichi Software charm.
- Ni No Kuni 2 Revenant Kingdom (PS4) – I haven’t been able to play this as much as I wanted as I’ve been focusing on playing the above game as much as I can to review it properly but from today (Monday) I’ll be going full steam ahead! Building my Kingdom of Evermore and vanquishing the evil of the land!
- Final Fantasy XIV (PC) – I went to visit a friend on Saturday and we’ve always talked about playing FFXIV but never really got around to it so this time we actually sat down and played the shit out of it! We jumped into Eureka, a mysterious island that is related to a part of the Heavensward expansion which is interesting. The island is a total grindfest and you’ll be spending hours levelling yourself up and gaining special items to acquire the new equipment.
- The Witcher 3 (PC) – I’m really enjoying the lore of this game, even if I’m still struggling with the combat. Hunting down different monsters, and equipping myself with the right potions, bombs, or magic, is a pretty cool way to fight enemies. I’m even considering picking up the book series considering how much I’m enjoying the game.
- Fire Emblem Fates (3DS) – I had an inexplicable urge to play a Fire Emblem game this weekend, so I busted out my 3DS and loaded up Fates. It’s just as much fun as I remember and is making me nostalgic for Nintendo. Maybe I’ll cave and buy a Switch soon!
- Far Cry 5 (XB1) – Well, this game absolutely robbed me of my bank holiday weekend and I don’t feel screwed over at all. |Hope County is an absolute joy to explore, and the Seed family are right up there as some of the best villains I’ve come across in a game. If you haven’t got around to playing it yet, don’t waste any more time – go get this game.
- Minit (PS4) – This was such a great game to dip into whilst playing Far Cry 5. Completing sixty-second adventures is so much fun in Minit, and it’s topped off by the just right retro design and the music… ah the music, Minit has been an absolute joy to play and I think it might be the first game I actually try to platinum (that’s not made by TellTale).
- TERA (PC) – I played this MMO for a couple of years when it first launched, back in 2012 and absolutely loved it. It’s just been released on console, so of course I had to give it a go – however, it’s only made me go back to playing it on PC! It’s changed drastically and has been nerfed within an inch of its life, but I’m enjoying the nostalgia for now. Send help!
- Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4) – Finally decided to get around to playing this! Not very far in yet, but so far, so good.
- World of Warcraft (PC) – World quests and leveling alts!