Middle-Earth: Shadow of War has today received its latest expansion and free content updates. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has announced the availability of the new DLC via the purchase of the season pass or separately in an ‘Ã la carte’ fashion.
For the first time, players can command the forces of Man against a deadly Orc threat to the East and utilise a host of new abilities and gear to conquer the harsh desert region of Lithlad, which houses the imposing Marauder fortress of ShindrÃ¢m. The Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion features the following content:
- Play as Baranor, the Captain of Minas Ithil and survivor of the cityâ€™s demise, in a new story expansion where players can command the forces of Man against a new Orc threat to the East.
- Unite with Torvin, the Dwarven Hunter, to craft powerful new combat gear, including the shield, gauntlet, grapple and kite.
- Hire mercenaries to create a human army and conquer the all-new desert region of Lithlad, the lair of the Were-Wyrms.
- Complete a host of new outpost missions and overthrow the imposing Marauder fortress of ShindrÃ¢m.
- Fight to survive in Mordor as a human without the power of a Ring or a wraith to cheat death in a new rogue-like campaign mode.
Several free content updates are also available for all Middle-earth: Shadow of War owners, which include:
- Nemesis System Enhancements â€“ Overlords can now have bodyguards, who function the same as Warchief bodyguards and are able to deploy spies. – Brutal Difficulty â€“ Enemies are as fast and lethal as on Gravewalker difficulty, but the damage is increased greatly, and Might and Wrath will fill up faster allowing players to use more special moves.
- New Player Skin â€“ Choose to appear as Baranor in the main story campaign.
- Photo Mode Upgrades â€“ New stickers, styles and filters inspired by the Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion.
- Online Fight Pits & Online Conquests Update â€“ Search for friends by player name when battling it out in online modes.
Set between the events of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, Middle-earth: Shadow of War is an open-world action RPG that continues the original narrative of Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor. Players will be engrossed in a richer, more personal and expansive world full of epic heroes and villains, iconic locations, original enemy types, more personalities and a new cast of characters with untold stories.