Dealing with the heatwave, GGS-style.
Each week we’ll give you the low-down on the games that have been keeping the GGS Gamer staff busy on their consoles, PCs and handhelds.
Here’s what we’ve been playing this week …
- Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered (PS4) – Revisiting this game except this time on PS4, I should have my review live by the end of the week.
- Final Fantasy XIV (PS4) – Heaven on High is live and weâ€™ve been fighting our way through this dungeon.
- The Black Death (PC) – Well, it’s still in early access but this game’s really dug its claws into me – mostly because of its grimly depressing setting and the fact that I’m actually halfway competent when it comes to survival games now – so I’m sticking with it for as long as I can.
- Insane Robots (PC) – I’ve never played a card game before – except Gwent… I’ve only played one card game before Insane Robots, but I swear this game was made for me. It offers up a fairly straightforward set of rules and comes with whimsical characters everywhere – hooray!
- Fallout 4 (PS4) – Ha, I tried playing this when it first came out, didn’t like it, and never played it again. But after trying to get ten minutes of capture, I realised that I was pretty wrong about Fallout 4 – it’s actually very good. Just wrapping up the linear story missions and then – from what I’ve heard – it all depends on what I want to do… finally… ultimate power.
- Bloodborne (PS4) – About halfway through the bosses in Bloodborne and still wishing there was some kind of mini-map on the games UI. However, I am still enjoying it, and might even have a go at getting a platinum trophy.
- God of War (PS4) – Absolutely loving this game. I think I’m quite near the end, story-wise, though from the looks of it, there’s quite a bit still left to do in terms of exploration and sidequests. Look out for my review in the next week or two.
How about you?
Let us know by leaving a comment below, on Twitter, or on Facebook!