Square Enix has announced that the first part of 2 of the next patch for Final Fantasy XIV will release on January 8th 2019. The patch will bring the climatic finish to the Stormblood storyline will setting up the next expansion pack, Shadowbringers, set for an early Summer 2019 release.
The patch, titled A Requiem For Heroes, will included the following content:
- The first half of the Stormblood finale.
- Players will be able to confront Seiryu in both normal and extreme difficulties in the last chapter of the Four Lordsâ€™ quest line.
- New Instanced Dungeon: The Ghimlyt Dark
- Return to Ivalice Alliance Raid Dungeon: The Orbonne Monastery
- New Custom Deliveries: Crafter and Gatherer-focused questlines
- Gold Saucer Update: New GATE, â€œAir Force Oneâ€; New minigame, â€œDoman Mahjongâ€
- New Minions, Hairstyles, Emotes, and Mounts
Furthermore, Patch 4.5 also brings the highly anticipated Blue Mage job which will release the following week after the release of Patch 4.5. The new class will be available to players that have a level 50 Disciple of War or Magic class/job and completed the main storyline for A Realm Reborn.
As the initial Limited Job in the series, the Blue Mage can learn all of its abilities through fighting monsters. There’s also of handful of Blue Mage-exclusive content such as The Masked Carnivale available upon reaching level 50 with the class.
Finally, subsequent updates are planned for the Patch 4.5 series, which will bring additional content for everyone:
- Patch 4.55: Eureka, Hydatos Expedition; New Entry in the Large-scale PvP Rival Wings: The Hidden Gorge
- Patch 4.56: Additional Hildibrand Adventures; Stormblood Beast Tribe Quests