New reasons to keep playing.
Publisher Wired Productions Ltd. and developer Caged Element Inc. have unleashed a new update for Grip: Combat Racing. It is currently available to download on PS4 and Xbox One. The update for the Switch version will release shortly.
Dubbed Big Ass Update, it brings a bevvy of improvements such as a significant overhaul of the game’s online lobby and matchmaking systems, rebalanced tweaks to the A.I.. Here are some highlights of the update:
- Lobby overhauled with new simplified voting mechanics and count down timer
- Catch-up assistance has been rebalanced and can be toggled during the game’s campaign
- AI bots now drive more competitively even when catch-up assistance is turned off
- AI bot vehicles are now selected to be comparable to the player’s vehicle
- Bug fix for AI bot catch-up in MP games
- Resolved issue when displaying split-screen results
- “View to a kill” battle arena is now rebalanced and redesigned
- “Magmatic Core” battle arena now has speed-pads and has been redesigned to prevent insta-death
- Improvements to various tracks’ collisions and performance
- Fixed issues around vehicle customisation
- Improved stability for split-screen tournaments
- Fixed bug preventing players 3 and 4 selecting vehicles in split-screen
- Resolved issue where achievements were incorrectly unlocked when spectating a MP game
- Improved calculations for leaderboard statistics
- Improved how the player’s overall average speed and position are calculated
- Electrical sounds volume is now set correctly
- Improved missile targeting when the target is manoeuvring hard
- Improved missile guidance – missiles now avoid the floor much more
- often when launching
- Vehicles are now allocated correctly to human players in split-screen events or tournaments
If you’d like some bedtime reading, feel to head over here to read all of the update’s details.
Grip: Combat Racing is currently available for Nintendo Switch, PC, PS4 and Xbox One.