More clans will be ‘revealed in the coming weeks.’
Paradox Interactive has revealed details on Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 and what you can expect when playing as one of the Thinbloods.
The Thinbloods are a second-class group of vampires that lack the power – and respect – that fully-fledged vampires seem to enjoy. Players will need to progress through the story and survive in order to join one of the five, full-blooded Kindred clans. You can take a look at the trailer, below.
You’ll get to choose one of the three available Thinblood disciplines, adapted from the tabletop RPG specifically for Bloodlines 2. Each discipline will give players unique abilities that you’ll be able to upgrade as you progress through the game. You can check out the three Thinblood disciplines below:
Chiropteran: Strong affinity for bats, allowing vampires to move through the air and summon swarms.
- Glide is an ability that allows you to briefly glide to reach otherwise inaccessible places or take someone unawares as you knock them down.
- Bat Swarm will let you summon a small swarm of bats to attack a target, eventually upgrading to a shield of bats that surrounds you and damages anyone that gets too close.
Mentalism: Use telekinesis to manipulate objects and even pull weapons from enemy hands.
- Pull is an ability that allows you to move objects using telekinesis, including weapons held by others.
- Levitate lets you lift a living NPC into the air. It can be upgraded to levitate any number of objects in an area and throw them around.
Nebulation: Allows the vampire to summon and command mist.
- Mist Shroud allows you to summon a shroud of mist to surround you for a limited time, helping to reduce the chance of others detecting you. It also allows you to perform a ‘choking attack’ on an NPC or squeeze through small gaps, such as a ventilation fan or duct.
- Envelop creates a cloud of mist on a target that surrounds, blinds and forcefully enters the lungs of anyone that it touches.
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 was first announced last month when it was also revealed that the mind behind the original Bloodlines, Brian Mitsoda, would return as Lead Narrative Designer, ‘giving fans a true successor to the original cult classic.’
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 is set for release on PC sometime next year.