ZA/UM has released a new update for their critically acclaimed RPG Disco Elysium.
The new update adds a Hardcore mode to the game along with widescreen support. Hardcore mode is for players looking for underwhelming odds and overcoming them:
- The difficulty of every Check goes up (obviously), bringing down your chances of success.
- You’ll have even less money so you better get used to picking up every scrap you can find…
- Pharmaceutical prices have gone up, which means failing costs you even more and they don’t heal you as much.
- Booze and cigarettes are going to help you a lot as ciggys clear your head and extra drink helps build courage so they become more of a necessity .
- The few possessions you do have become more important, make sure to treasure what you have.
- The Thought Cabinet debuffs are more painful when you’re already liable to fail. One the flip side, the bonuses thoughts offer might push you down paths you wouldn’t otherwise take.
- Failing builds character so you’ll gain extra token amounts of XP every time you finish a task.
The game is currently 20% on Steam.