More Puzzle Goodness!
Sega has announced that Puyo Puyo Tetris 2’s new Skill Battle mode and online features that will be available at launch.Â In Skill Battle mode, players will create teams of three from selectable characters in either Puyo Puyo or Tetris gameplay settings and use their unique skills to create the ultimate lineup.
Each character starts out with a single speciality and learns more powerful skills as you play with them. Selecting characters with complementary skills becomes a key strategy for winning a Skill Battle match. As you play, youâ€™ll pop Puyos and clear Tetris lines, sending Garbage Puyos and blocks to the other playerâ€™s board. When the garbage falls, your opponent loses HP. If their HP hits 0, you win!!
New Features for Skill Battle:
- Character Skills: Leverage powerful character skills to change the landscape of any Skill Battle match, from recovering HP to changing the colour of Puyos to erasing Tetris lines, and more.
- Level Up: Increase your characterâ€™s HP, MP, Attack, Defense, and Recovery by playing through the gameâ€™s Adventure mode.
- Item Cards: Power up your team with Item Cards to improve your character stats, with exclusive offerings tied to the gameâ€™s Launch Edition.
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 offers fun for all types of players, including Leagues for experienced gamers and a Free Play mode for fun and casual gameplay. Â
Building onto Puzzle League from the previous game, three additional Leagues have been added: Tetris League, Puyo Puyo League, and Skill Battle League. These Leagues provide a competitive space where you can match your strategy and talents against other pros and see how you rank amongst the worldâ€™s best. Free Play, brought over from Puyo Puyo Tetris, lets you play at a more casual pace with any ruleset and without the pressure of rankings.Â
- Puzzle Leagues: Looking for a challenge? Puzzle League offers you specialized platforms for high-level competition: Puzzle League (free choice of Puyo Puyo or Tetris), TetrisLeague, Puyo PuyoLeague and Skill Battle League.Â
- Free Play: Fans of a more casual experience will enjoy Puyo Puyo Tetris 2â€™s Free Play online modes. Play with up to four players across Versus, Skill Battle, Swap, Fusion, Party and Big Bang modes, with customizable match settings. Create a room and invite your friends to play!
- Challenge Rank: You can share and compare scores with players around the world for various Challenge Modes, including Endless Fever, Endless Puyo, Tiny Puyo, Sprint, Marathon, and Ultra. Leaderboards will let you show off your own top score and youâ€™ll be able to take stock of the competition.
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 will be available on December 8th for PlayStation 4|5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC. Sega has post-launch plans for Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 including more characters, game features and more! Digital pre-orders are also live for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S with news on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 5 digital pre-orders coming at a later date.