Ubisoft detailed the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla post-release plan which includes a Season Pass with two major expansions of additional gameplay and an exclusive quest. The first Season will launch in December 2020.
Additionally, all Assassin’s Creed Valhalla players will have access to free seasonal content including in-game events and festivals, new settlement buildings, services and games modes.
Ubisoft also announced that Discovery Tour, the educational tool that lets anyone explore the game in a conflict-free environment, will be available for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla in 2021.
Once available, the expansions will be accessible early from within the main game, providing a meaningful story that adds to Valhalla’s rich open world. Furthermore, all players will benefit from new free content through Seasons.
The Season pass, which will be included with the Gold, Ultimate, and Collector’s Edition, will include:
- The Legend of Beowulf quest: In this exclusive quest, players will uncover the monstrous truth behind the legend of Beowulf. This quest will be available on Day 1.
- Expansion 1 – Wrath of the Druids (Spring 2021): players will journey to Ireland and unravel the mysteries of an ancient and mysterious druidic cult, tracking and discovering their members. Diving into Gaelic myths and folklores, they’ll need to fight their way through haunted forests and dazzling landscapes while gaining influence among Gaelic kings.
- Expansion 2 – The Siege of Paris (Summer 2021): Players will relive the most ambitious battle in Viking History with key historical figures of war-torn Frankia. During this key moment in history, players will infiltrate the fortified city of Paris and the River Seine under a prolonged siege, uncover enemy secrets, and form strategic alliances to safeguard their clan’s future.
And here’s what to expect during the first Season, which launches sometime in December:
- A new settlement area, allowing players to continue to grow and evolve their settlement.
- A traditional Viking Festival: the Yule Festival, for players to experience in their settlement.
- A new game mode: the River Raids. Building on Valhalla’s core raiding mechanic the mode will deliver a dynamic, challenging, and highly replayable raid experience.
- The addition of the Ranks for Jomsviking
- New player skills and abilities, weapons, and gear, and cosmetic items for the settlement, longship, horse, and raven.
With Season 1 coming before the year’s end, Season 2 is currently planned for March 2021 while Season 3 and 4 will be announced at a later time.